Join me for a four-week practice series where we will explore the topic of sadhana (personal practice) through movement, meditation, group discussion, and inquiry.
This series will include a Tuesday night session where will explore our theme for the week through conversation & meditation practice, and on Wednesday mornings we will bring that same theme into an asana practice. You are invited to take part in the whole series or participate in the class that suits you best. Read below for more info on the Tues nights & Weds morning sessions as well as the weekly themes.
Tuesday Night Sadhana Talks & Meditation Practice
These Tuesday night sessions will be 75 minutes long and will include-
- 10 minute guided centering practices of mantra /breathwork or a few simple seated stretches
- 15 minute Sadhana talk introducing our theme for the week
- 20 minute meditation practice followed by short relaxation practice
- 2o minute group discussion period, self-inquiry, question period
These classes are meant to provide a space for inquiry, contemplation, practice, and discussion and it is here that we will explore the weekly theme in depth.
Wednesday Morning Movement Practice
The Wednesday morning movement sessions will be 90 minutes long and will be taught with a mindful vinyasa yoga approach. You can expect each class to include-
- guided centering and introduction to the class theme
- mixed level vinyasa yoga practice
- closing practices of breathwork, meditation, and relaxation
If you are not familiar with my teaching style please know that I am committed to well-rounded and intentionally sequenced classes taught with clear step-by-step instructions. The more complex shapes will be taught in progressive stages and modifications will be offered. Previous experience with vinyasa yoga is recommended. You can expect to be challenged in these classes. If you are unsure whether or not these classes are appropriate for you please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sankalpa: in week one we will explore the topic of sankalpa or intention. We will explore this concept from the perspective of longing or our soul's call to action. This is less about having a goal for practice and more about learning how to trust the eros of our desire.
- Tapasya: now that we are more intimate with the nature of our desire we can begin to stoke the fire of transformation. This week we will explore the topics of abhyasa (committed practice) in relationship with entheos (enthusiasm) & inspiratio (inspiration).
- Tirobhava: in week three we will explore the teachings around the concept of concealment or not-knowing in our life of practice. This is where we acknowledge that which is hidden and strengthen our capacity to keep moving forward even when the path feels obscured.
- Anugraha: In our final week we will work with the concept of revelation. How do we integrate the flashes of insight that can be gifted to us in a life of practice and how might we weave those peak experiences into the fabric of our everyday lives.
Dates & Times
- Tuesday nights 5-6pm PST April 6th-27th 2021
- Wednesday mornings 9:30 - 11am PST April 7-28th 2021
These classes will be live-streamed on Zoom and a recording will be issued immediately after class.
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org