I will continue to offer my Wednesday morning Movement Meditation classes from Nov 18th - Dec 16th 2020. Please read below to find out more about this offering.
These classes as an opportunity to connect online for shared practice, I know it is not the same as sharing physical space but I will do everything I can to make these classes feel personal. I am calling this a movement meditation class because the focus will be on exploring the ways in which we can use the primary tools of our bodies, our breath, and our attention as resources that can bring us back into the present moment.
This will be a slower-paced but dynamic yoga class. I will invite you to embody postures of strength and stability along with those of curiosity and of ease. We will work with static shapes as well as flowing sequences and each class will conclude with a guided relaxation practice.
These classes will be taught online via Zoom and ideally you will be able to join me live, as the live online experience supports greater connection and engagement, but they will also be recorded so you can access them at a time that is convenient for you.
What You Can Expect In These Classes
- these classes will be movement based which means we will be moving for at least 60-75 minutes of each class
- the primary movement approach will be that of a mindful vinyasa yoga class - with lots of freedom to explore and modify
- some of these classes will include focused work with the breath and we may also explore the use of sound (potentially with mantra) as well as simple meditation techniques
- I will be practicing with you for the most part so you can use my body as a visual reference if needed and I will offer clear verbal instructions
- classes will be mixed levels which means I will offer modifications will be offered for more challenging movements or postures
- I may provide a philosophical point of focus for my classes or an energetic theme to explore
Who Are These Classes Ideal For?
- anyone who has taken a yoga class with me before and wants to gather online for some shared practice
- anyone who is new to me as a teacher but has some yoga experience and is comfortable with a slower-paced vinyasa style yoga class
- anyone who is newer to yoga but likes to move and is able to make their own wise choices about what is best for their body - since I am not in the room with you to offer individual support and guidance
- anyone who wants to feel more grounded and embodied at this time and enjoys movement as a means of supporting mindfulness
Who Are These Classes Not Ideal For?
I wish I could say this class was for everyone but that is not really possible, especially in an online format. This is a movement class, specifically a yoga class, so I would say the following people would not enjoy these classes -
- folks with limited mobility who are also new to yoga
- folks who would benefit from more personalized instruction due to injury or physical restrictions
- folks who cannot get up and down from the floor with ease or who cannot bear weight on their hands/all fours
Please check out my Thursday evening mindfulness circles for a class that is not movement-based.
- Wednesday mornings Nov 18th-Dec 16th 2020 9:30-11am PST
- On Zoom, the recording will be available after class
- Upon sign up, you will get an email sent to you with info about how to join the class
- If you are dropping in please note that I will be busy getting ready for class by 9 am so I won't be able to respond to emails at that time, please sign up in advance to avoid frustration
5 Class Pass $50 CAD (plus applicable taxes)
Single Class Drop-In $12 (plus applicable taxes)
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io