Join me in mindfulness practice this June and let's raise some more funds for India. I will be offering four live meditation classes on Thursday evenings from 5-6 pm PST and everyone is welcome, no previous meditation experience necessary.
Each class will include a short introduction to our meditative focus for that night followed by a brief walking meditation. We will then move into a 20 minute formal meditation practice followed by a short relaxation practice. Each class will conclude with a few minutes for group conversation and Q&A.
Each class will focus on a specific approach to meditation practice, which we will work with progressively. The areas of focus are as follows.
• Class 1 Embodied Presence : exploring the role of the body in meditation practice
• Class 2 Lost in Thought : understanding habits of thought (and how mind training helps) cultivating mindfulness through noticing & naming
• Class 3 Self Compassion : exploring the benefits of mindful self compassion as a tool for nourishing resilience
• Class 4 Metta : working with loving kindness to widen our circle of compassion and support interconnection
These classes will be trauma informed and are open to anyone, no previous experience needed. They will be one hour long ( with extra time for post session conversation when needed) and will happen live on Zoom. Recordings will also be made and will be available for one week afterwards.
When the June session concludes I will offer all participants a chance to vote on one of three charitable organizations and I will submit our group donation. 85% of all proceeds from this series will be donated.
- Thursday nights June 3-24th 5-6pm PST
- Live on Zoom, recordings will be available for one week
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org